*** Rules have been updated for 2018, please read below
Refer to Official 2014 I.M.C.A. Rule Book for General Rules.
The rules and / or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM THE PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND / OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator or official. The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
1. SAFETY EQUIPMENT: Rules apply at all times car is on track. Snell-rated SA2005 or SA2010 helmet required. Roll bar padding required in driver compartment.Recommended: Fire retardant padding. SFI-approved full fire suit required. Fire retardant gloves, shoes and neck brace (or head and neck restraint) required. Right and left seat head supports required if using head and neck restraint system. Recommended: Fire retardant head sock and underwear, collapsible steering shaft. Driver-side window net required, minimum 16 inch by 20 inch ribbon or mesh style, and must be mounted to roll cage so latch is at top front of window. Minimum three inch (two inch with head restraint system) wide SFI-approved five point safety belt assembly required, must be mounted securely to main roll cage. Recommended: Safety belts no more than two years old. Kill switch required within easy reach of driver and must be clearly marked ‘OFF’ and ‘ON’.
2. FRAME: 1964 or newer OEM perimeter American rear-wheel drive passenger car frame only. No sport car frames. Frame must be full and complete, cannot be widened or narrowed, and must be able to support roll cage on both sides. Exceptions are: weight jack in original center line of spring tower allowed; frame may be cut a maximum 36 inches forward from center of rear end housing; horns may be removed in front of steering box and notched maximum one inch at bottom for tie rod clearance; front crossmember may be notched and boxed for radiator and/or steering clearance; maximum seven inch wide opening in side of spring tower for spring removal. Maximum two inch wide by four inch tall frame stiffener may be welded directly to outside of left side frame rail. See www.imca.com for OEM frame dimensions. Minimum wheelbase 108 inches, maximum 112 inches, both sides. Maximum overall width shall not exceed 78 inches from outside of tire to outside of tire. No part of frame can be lower than four inches from ground except front cross member.
3. ROLL CAGE: Must consist of continuous hoops, minimum 1.75 inch O.D. tubing, with minimum wall thickness of 0.095 inch for main cage, frame-mounted in at least six places. Recommended: low carbon or mild steel.Must consist of a configuration of front, rear and top hoops connected by tubing on sides or side hoops. Driver’s head must not protrude outside cage with helmet on. Roll cage must be securely supported and braced with minimum one cross bar in top halo. Foot protection bar required. Main cage no further forward than rear of engine. All bars forward of cage must be lower than hood.
4. DOOR BARS: All driver side door bars and uprights must be minimum 1.5 inch O.D. with 0.083 inch wall thickness. Minimum three driver side door bars, parallel to ground and perpendicular to driver, and welded to front and rear of roll cage. Passenger side must have at least one cross door bar, horizontal or angled, minimum 1.25 inch O.D. with 0.083 inch wall thickness, and one top door bar, minimum 1.5 inch O.D. with 0.083 inch wall thickness. Steel door plate, 18 gauge or 0.049 inch minimum thickness, must be securely welded to outside of driver side door bars and cover area from top door bar to bottom door bar and from rear hoop down-post to five inches in front of seat. Must be visible for inspection.
5. BODY: (See diagram) No composite or plastic body panels allowed except roof rock guard and hood scoop. Body must be same width, front to rear, and parallel to OEM frame. Aluminum nose panel must be flat. Maximum 2.250 inch side fins allowed on aluminum nose. IMCA-approved plastic nosepieces allowed. Nose must be mounted in an approved manner and can extend no higher than front top of hood. Nose piece must remain inside confines of front bumper and be no lower than two inches below frame horns. Cooling holes allowed. Engine compartment must remain open (no side panels). Hood must cover radiator, be level or sloped down at front, enclosed and maximum two inches above interior deck at rear. No panel in front of right door to engine compartment. No inner panels. No complete car covers, rear tail cover allowed in personal pit area only. Must have front and rear roof support posts.
2018 5) Driver and passenger side windows must have at least 12 inch opening (height and width), measured at center of window, between lowest point at top and highest point at bottom. Sail panels may not extend ahead of back of seat. Solid sail panels only. Roof must be fiberglass or aluminum, full size and rounded down in all directions (see diagram). No dished roofs allowed. Driver roof hatch allowed. Maximum 1.5 inch rolled down rock guard allowed on roof front. Maximum four inch roof sides allowed. Maximum one inch ridge down sides of roof. Maximum one inch rear roof stiffener (must face down). No Rear Spoiler. Maximum four inch plastic skirting allowed on bottom of doors and quarters. No reflective doors or quarter panels. Body may be maximum one inch outside of rear tires (both sides) for clearance. Car number must be minimum four inches thick and 20 inches tall and clearly visible, on both sides and roof of car; six inches tall on rear and front if possible.
6. DRIVER COMPARTMENT: Must have minimum three windshield bars in front of driver. Lexan or aluminum cowl panel in front of driver can be no wider than cockpit and no farther back than steering wheel. Minimum 0.125 inch aluminum, or 0.060 inch steel, complete floor pan required. Aluminum high-back seat only and must be bolted in, using minimum 0.375 inch bolts, next to left side frame rail and ahead of rear tires. Bottom of seat can be no lower than bottom of frame rail. Driver must be sealed off from track, driveline, engine, fuel cell, canisters and pumps. Oil coolers must not protrude above interior. Accumulators cannot be mounted between driver and left-side door bars. No driver-adjustable devices allowed while car is in competition except brake adjuster. One3” x 3” mirror permitted, on the drivers side only.
7. FRONT SUSPENSION: All components must be steel, unaltered OEM, in OEM location, and replaceable by OEM parts. Exceptions are: tube-type upper A-frames with or without aluminum or steel cross shaft, and mounts can be moved; stamped steel OEM replacement lower A-frames; rubber, nylon or steel lower A-frame bushings, no offset or bearing type; welded or bolted shock mount on lower A-frame; OEM or OEM replacement Rebuildable ball joints allowed. Lower A-frames must be right and left, and of same design. Lower A-frame mounts and bolt holes on frame must be within OEM specifications. Sway bar must be unaltered OEM appearance. Aftermarket sway bars permitted, in stock replacement OEM, tubular style. No suspension stops of any kind allowed.
8. STEERING: No rack and pinion. All components must be steel, unaltered OEM, in OEM location. Exceptions are: outer tie rod end and adjustment sleeve may be replaced by a minimum 0.625 inch steel rod end and steel tube; spindles can be ground for brake caliper clearance only; unaltered, OEM or OEM replacement Pinto spindles with ‘IMCA’ raised cast; bolt on spindle savers allowed; steel steering shafts and knuckles only; driver compartment steering may be modified, must be kept on left side. Spindles must be right and left, and of same design. Quick release required – steering quickener and steering wheel may be aluminum. Idler arm, pitman arm, and center link must match frame.
2018 9. SHOCKS: One steel, twin tube shock, No Schrader Valve, No Gas Bulb shocks allowed, nonadjustable, unaltered shock per wheel. All shocks must completely collapse at any time. One additional shock allowed in pull-bar area. No external or internal bumpers or stops. One or all shocks may be claimed per event for $50 each, counting as one claim on card, following shock claim procedures (Refer to www.imca.com). All shocks must be a Pro wb series shock in any valving or a Afco 14 or 10 series shock in any valving. you can phone Pro Shocks at 1-855-682-4404 or Afco shocks at 1-800-632-2320. Afco series 14 and 10 can be found on pages 78,79 of the afco online catalog.
10. SPRINGS: One steel, non-progressive coil spring per wheel only. One additional spring allowed on pull bar, may be progressive. All coil springs must be at least 4.5 inches O.D. No torsion bars, air bags, inner liners or spring rubbers allowed. Steel or composite leaf spring allowed.
11. REAR SUSPENSION: No independent rear suspension. All components must be steel. No covers on any suspension components. All trailing arms/link bars must be solid tubing. Rear of frame may be altered to accept leaf or coil springs. Steel coil-over eliminators, or steel or aluminum coil-over kits allowed – must conform to shock and spring rules. One mechanical traction pull bar allowed. No lift, brake or sway bars. Rubber bumpers allowed on pull bar or panhard bar only. No suspension stops of any kind allowed. Exception is: solid safety chains securely mounted frame to axle housing only (cannot be mounted to any floating device), no springs or rubbers allowed. Minimum 19 inch long panhard bar, measured straight line, center to center.
12. REAR END: Any steel approved OEM passenger car or truck non-cambered rear end (housing and carrier) allowed. Safety hubs (floater) allowed. All components must be steel, except lowering blocks, axle and U-joint caps, and drive flange. One inch inspection hole required in housing. Full steel spool, steel mini spool or welded rear ends only. Steel axles only. No quick change devices. One piece drive flange only. No torque dividing differentials. No scalloped ring gears.
13. BUMPERS: (See diagram) Steel bumpers must be on front and rear and welded, or securely mounted with minimum 0.375 inch bolts. Rear bumper must be capped, constructed of solid square, or minimum 1.25 inch O.D. tubing with 0.095 wall thickness (similar to diagram), maximum six inches beyond rear deck, no wider than five inches outside of rear frame rails. If wider than five inches outside rear frame rails must be bent forward 90 degrees, or constructed in a loop design. Must have at least one upright, minimum 1.25 inch with 0.065 wall thickness, from bumper to fuel cell guard. Two-bar front bumper must be minimum 1.25 inch O.D. tubing with minimum 0.065 wall thickness (maximum 0.095 inch) mounted frame-end to frame-end, no wider than width of material outside frame horns and with bottom loop parallel to ground. Top bar must be directly above bottom bar, minimum 6.5 inches apart, measured center to center.
14. Tires: EC-85 SS American Racer Tire 26.5/8.0-15, 27.0/8.0-15.Limit 10 /car/year controlled by serial number, registering and running existing old stock tires is OK. Tires are available at Fountain Tire in Campbell River. Call Brad, 250-287-9291. All tires qualified on, are the tires you must run for the night must be registered at scaling. Any swapped tires will be deemed illegal. No chemical softening, conditioning, or grooving of tires (refer to www.imca.com for automatic penalties). Tires may be ground or siped within confines of tread (not past factory straight line). No re-caps. All wheels must display white ‘IMCA approved’ decal and wheel manufacturer decal. Aluminum, composite or steel spacers allowed. May use IMCA approved bead lock, on right rear only. External, steel bead lock only and it cannot make wheel any narrower than eight inches and no wider than 8.75 inches. Must use only steel bolts. Foam type or plastic outer mud cover allowed on right side wheels. Inner mud cover allowed on left rear only. Rim-mounted bleeder valves allowed. Steel lug nuts only.
15. BRAKES: Must be steel approved OEM, operative four wheel, drum or disc. Must maintain minimum OEM dimensions for hubs/rotors and calipers, cannot be lightened. Bolt pattern may be changed. Larger studs allowed. Rear rotors may be aftermarket 0.81 inch thickness (new). Vented solid surface rotors only, no scalloped or ceramic coated rotors. No brake shut-off or pressure sensitive devices. One front to rear proportioning device allowed. Brake lines must be visible.
16. EXHAUST: Round tube headers only. All primary header tubes must enter directly into one collector at same point at end of header. (1) Collector length maximum nine inches. Turn down (maximum 10 inches) allowed. All exhaust must go through mufflers, two per car, one per header. Cars which ran in 2014 cars retain their existing exhaust system for 2015, by 2016 two mufflers are required.Valve covers and headers may be modified for pan-evac system. No exhaust sensors, merge collectors, extensions, inserts, cones or balance tubes.
17. FUEL SYSTEM: Mechanical or belt driven fuel pump only and must be mounted at front of engine. Racing fuel cell required, maximum 32 gallon capacity, must be in minimum 20 gauge steel container. Cell must be securely mounted behind rear axle, between rear tires, minimum of four inches ahead of bumper, minimum of 8 inches above ground. Must mount with minimum two solid steel straps around entire cell, two inches wide and 0.125 inch thick. All cell mounts must be steel, securely welded to frame/cage. Protective tubing must cover rear and extend past both sides of cell. No part of cell shall be lower than protective tubing. Fuel cell vents, including cap vent, must have check valves. If fuel cell does not have aircraft style positive seal filler neck/cap system – a flapper, spring or ball type filler rollover valve is required. Pick-up must be on top or right side of cell. One fuel filter allowed. No cool cans. Air cleaner top/stud cannot direct air into carburetor. No top flow air cleaner housings or cold air boxes. One naturally aspirated two- or four-barrel carburetor only. One carburetor adapter/spacer allowed, maximum 2.20 inches thick, including gaskets. No adjustable throttle bore or sleeve-type carburetor spacers.
18. FUEL: Gasoline, Racing fuel and E85 allowed. NO performance-enhancing additives.. Fuel sample may be taken from any car at any time. (Refer to www.imca.com for automatic penalties).
2018 Rule # 19. WEIGHT: Minimum weight limit of 2650 pounds. Maximum 58% left side weight, after race with driver in car. No refilling of fuel or fluids allowed between end of race and weighing.
20. BATTERY/STARTER: One 12 volt battery only, must be securely mounted between frame rails, and positive terminal must be covered. Car must have capability of starting without being pushed or pulled. Car must leave initial staging area on demand, unaided, or go to rear of that race. Reverse-mount starters with OEM case transmissions only, see transmission rules for specifics.
21. GAUGES/ELECTRONICS: No unapproved cameras, transmitting or listening devices (exception is one-way Race Receiver radio by officials), timing retard controls, or digital gauges (including tach). No electronic monitoring computer devices capable of storing or transmitting information except memory recall analog tach. Crate engine must use maximum 6,400 rpm rev-limiter. Claim engines must use maximum 7,800 rpm rev-limiter. This may be accomplished using one, non-adjustable, 12 volt ignition box with one high-end rev-limiter chip, an external setting, or an internal preset. Refer to www.imca.com for approved ignition systems and rev-limiters. No electronic advance curve ignitions allowed. No unapproved or additional ignition accessories allowed. All components must be out of reach of driver, but with rev control easily accessible facing up or out for inspection. All wiring must be visible for inspection. No magnetos or crank triggers. No electronic traction control devices. (Refer to www.imca.com for automatic penalties and approved ignitions).
22. TRANSMISSION/DRIVESHAFT: Must have at least two forward gears and one reverse, plus a neutral position. With engine running and car in still position, must be able to engage car in gear and move forward, then backward. OEM production type or IMCA approved aftermarket transmissions allowed – two-speed, three-speed, four-speed and automatic. No five speed (or more) transmissions, ‘in and out’ boxes, or quick change devices allowed. Functioning shift levers must be in OEM location on all OEM production type transmissions. All belt drive pumps must be mounted on front of engine. Flexplates must be full, steel, unaltered OEM, or OEM replacement. Flywheel/flexplate must bolt to engine between clutch assembly and crankshaft and all driveline components within bellhousing must rotate while car is in any gear. Transmission must be one of the following designs:
OEM Manual: Must have a standard OEM case and working disc-type clutch or approved cone or disc-type coupler inside an explosion-proof steel bellhousing. One flywheel only, minimum 8.5 inch diameter. Diameter of clutch disc must be a minimum of 5.5 inches. Clutch assembly must be steel, except housing, which must be steel and/or aluminum. Bellhousing can have only a hole for throwout bearing lever or hose, must be 270 degrees around top of clutch and flywheel area. Standard or reverse mount starter allowed, must directly engage flywheel.
Automatic: Must remain in OEM or OEM replacement case, with a functioning OEM appearing pump. Aluminum OEM bell housing may be replaced with aftermarket explosion-proof aluminum bell housing. Original OEM bell housing must have approved scattershield constructed of minimum 0.125 inch by three inch steel, 270 degrees around flexplate.
Aftermarket Manual: Must be IMCA approved, aluminum case, with internal clutch. Refer to www.imca.com for approved transmissions. Must bolt to explosion-proof steel bell housing, and use full, steel, unaltered OEM or OEM replacement flexplate with starter mounted in OEM location. No coatings or paint allowed on transmission case. No ball-spline transmissions.
Drive Shaft: Steel slip-yokes only. Minimum two inch diameter steel drive shaft and must be painted white. 360-degree drive shaft loop required and must be constructed of at least 0.25 inch by two inch steel, or one inch tubing, mounted six inches back from front U-joint.
23. ENGINE COMPARTMENT: Rear of engine (bell housing flange) must be mounted at least 72 inches forward from centerline of rear axle.
Engine offset must be kept within two inches of centerline of front cross member with engine level. Minimum 11 inch engine height from ground to center of crankshaft. Radiator must be mounted in front of engine. Cooling system may be modified. Overflow tubes must be directed to ground between frame rails.
24. ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS: All cars utilizing a GM604 crate engine must clearly display on both front roof posts the word CRATE. Must be contrasting in color from body, minimum two inches tall .Markers not acceptable.
(A) CRATE ENGINE: Must use unaltered sealed GM #88958604 or #19318604 crate engine with additional IMCA Cable-Lok system – NO EXCEPTIONS. Upon inspection, any different, altered or missing GM seal bolts or IMCA Cable-Loks will result in disqualification, loss of all points for the season. GM seal bolt exception is IMCA approved and issued Cable-Lok repair system, oil pan may be replaced by IMCA certified repair center with Champ pan #CP100LTRB and Champ pick-up #100SB. $250 fine for any crate engine not using required pushrods, valve springs or rocker arms.
(B) ENGINE: Any American make steel engine block allowed. Aftermarket and OEM performance blocks allowed. Cast iron or aluminum intake manifolds only. Steel cylinder heads and oil pan only.Flat tappet cam/lifters and stud-mounted rocker arms only.Magnetic steel retainers only. No shaft, pedestal, or offset rocker arms, titanium engine components, stud girdles or mushroom lifters. Lifter diameter and configuration must match OEM passenger block. OEM firing order cannot be changed (GM: 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2). All engines must be able to be used in conventional passenger car without alterations. Engine mounts cannot be removed or altered. Castings and fittings must not be changed. No machine work on outside of engine (no lightweight engine blocks). All belt driven accessories must be on front of engine. ‘Wet’ sump oiling system only. External oil pumps go with engine if claimed.
Copyright© 2014 IMCA. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored, or transmitted in any form, without prior written permission.
2018 Rule # 2.FRAME : No part of race car can be lower than four inches from ground except front cross member and oil pan and sway bar, with driver in car. Measured before or after any race, or qualifying run.
Rule # 5. BODY: Full size roof only. May be made from steel, fiberglass or aluminum.
2018 # 17.FUEL SYSTEM: Fuel cell minimum of eleven (11) inches above ground, with driver in car.
2018 Rule # 19. WEIGHT: Minimum weight limit of 2650 pounds. Maximum 58% left side weight, after race with driver in car, for 604 crate engine and claim engine cars, will apply at asphalt tracks only. No tolerance.
Rule # 23: ENGINE COMPARTMENT: Overflow tubes can, and should, go to a catch can.
ENGINE OPTIONS AND SPECIFICATIONS: All cars must clearly display on driver side front roof post which engine they are competing with. Must be contrasting in color from body, minimum 2-inches tall and display CLAIM or 602 CRATE.Markers not acceptable.
(A) CRATE ENGINE: Can use unaltered sealed GM #88958602 or #19258602 crate engine. Effective January 1, 2016, all GM 602 Crate engines must have IMCA Cable-Lok seals.
FUEL SYSTEM: ‘602’ Crate engine: May use any Holley 4 barrel carburetor. All components (float bowls and main body) must be Holley manufactured. Metering blocks and base plate may be billet aluminum non-Holley. No aerosol-style carburetors allowed. May use Speedway Motors part No. 545-64940 or Moroso part No. 64940 carburetor spacers on crate.
‘602’ CRATE ENGINE: Must use MSD #8728 rev-control and 6,200 rpm chip.
B. CLAIM SPEC ENGINE FOR ASPHALT:
All engines must be able to be used in conventional passenger car without alterations. External engine casting and threaded holes cannot be altered. BLOCK: OEM steel passenger vehicle production block only. No GM Bowtie, Ford SVO or Chrysler W components allowed. GM approved block numbers are: 10105123, 10066034, 3892657, 3914660, 3914678, 3932388, 3932386, 3956618, 3970000, 3970006, 3970010, 3970014, 10066033, 10066036, 10243880, 14010207, 14010209, 14010287, 14016376, 14016379, 10054727, 14088528, 14088548, 14088552, 14093638, 14101148. Stroke must match block. No 400 or larger cubic inch parts allowed. Maximum 361 cubic inches (GM); 363 (Ford); 370 (Chrysler). Violation of cubic inch limit must be verified by removal of head and will result in disqualification, loss of all IMCA points for the season, $1,000 fine and a 30-day suspension. Maximum compression ratio is 9.0 to 1, no tolerance. Compression ratio checked using Whistler and cubic inches checked using pump, OR by visual inspection of part and/or casting numbers, pistons, etc. (track option which method is used). Flat top or dished pistons only, no gas-ported pistons. OEM or OEM appearing replacement steel crankshaft only – cannot be lightened. No aerowing, bullnose, knife edge, undercut or drilling of second or third rod throws. OEM or OEM appearing replacement steel rods only – GM 5.7 inch, 6 inch or GM Vortec rod part number 10108688 allowed. Cap screw allowed. No splayed main caps. Conventional flat tappet cam and lifters only, cannot alter lifter bores. OEM firing order cannot be changed (GM: 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2). May use oil restrictors.‘Wet’ sump oiling system only.Steel oil pans only. Racing oil pans allowed. Mandatory one inch inspection hole in all pans – no obstructions to crank and rods. Accumulator allowed.
CYLINDER HEADS: Steel only. Must be unaltered approved OEM and minimum 76 cc combustion chamber (GM). Only GM OEM approved head numbers are: 14079267, 3986336, 3986339, 3986339X, 3986388, 3932441, 376445, 3928454, 3932454, 3876487, 3973487, 3973487X, 3973493, 3951598, 468642, 330862, 333882, 3998920, 3998991, 3998993, 3998997, 3970126. Maximum size valves on these heads are 2.02 inch intake and 1.60 inch exhaust. May use Stock Replacement (SR) cylinder heads: Engine Quest (EQ) GM part number CH350I, (EQ) Chrysler part number CH318B, World Products Ford part number 53030 – 1.250 inch (± .015 tolerance) maximum O.D. valve springs. All SR heads must remain as produced, seat angles and valve sizes can not be changed: three angle valve job only (absolutely no casting removal in valve pocket of EQ or World Products head, for any reason); Ford – no SVO heads; Chrysler – no W-2 heads, 360 cubic inch heads only. No porting, polishing or unapproved alterations allowed to any cylinder head or intake, disqualification and $250 fine if illegal. Guide plates, screw-in shouldered studs (GM 0.375-inch max) and polylocks allowed. No stud girdles. Steel roller tip rocker arms allowed. GM – 1.250 inch (± .015 tolerance) maximum O.D. valve springs, no beehive valve springs allowed.
INTAKE: Unaltered, approved OEM cast iron low rise, two- or four-barrel. Only unaltered (no porting or polishing) aftermarket aluminum intakes allowed are: Weiand GM #7547, #7547-1; Ford #7515, #8023 or #7516; Chrysler #7545, #8022; Edelbrock GM #2701; Ford #7121, #7181, #7183; Chrysler #2915. Cooling lines allowed on aluminum intakes. Unaltered OEM type harmonic balancer only. OEM type steel or aluminum water pumps only.
SPEC ENGINE: Must use I.M.C.A. approved naturally aspirated, unaltered 500 C.F.M. Holley carburetor – part No. 0-4412. May be modified to Holley HP Dorton part No. 0-80583-1 specs only. Float bowl must face forward. Any adaptor, maximum one inch thick. No throttle bore adjustable carburetor spacers.
1. FUEL: Gasoline only. Racing fuel allowed. No E85. Pump grade recommended. No performance enhancing or scented additives. Fuel must pass both dielectric meter and chemical tests. Fuel sample may be taken from any car at any time).
2. Maximum 0.100 inch thick carburetor gasket on all engines.
3. Mechanical OEM type push rod fuel pumps only.
4. BATTERY/STARTER: 12 volt ignition system and OEM HEI distributors only. No Billet distributors or crank triggers, ignition rotor, cap, coil and module must remain OEM appearing.
The following are amendments and additions to the rules of IMCA for use at Saratoga Speedway, cars using our amendments may not meet IMCA rules at other facilities.
Tires for 2015: The American Racer 27.0/8.0-15S for the right side and 26.5/8.0-15S for the left side with the trade marked KK704 compound. Tires will be branded at the beginning of the season, a maximum of 10 tires per car may be purchased and used for the season. Tires will be delivered in April.
2018 Weight: Minimum weight with driver and fuel is 2650lbs.
2018 Shocks: Steel twin tube shock, No Schrader Valve, No Gas Bulb shocks allowed, Non Adjustable
2018 Rear Deck Spoiler Not Allowed
Engine Claim: The current IMCA engine claim rule is not in effect, however, Saratoga Speedway reserves the right to claim any motor for $2000.00 and may auction it to eligible drivers in the local IMCA division.
Any questions: Contact Paul at firstname.lastname@example.org*Clarifications and changes may be made throughout the season, with further testing and developments.